The Wet and Forget line of products is designed with mold in mind. They have two staple products for removing mold. The original Wet and Forget Moss, Mold, Mildew and Algae Stain Remover and the Wet and Forget Moss, Mold, Mildew and Algae Stain Remover Indoor.
The Wet and Forget Moss, Mold, Mildew and Algae Stain Remover uses a unique combination of biodegradable selective surfactants to treat and remove mold. Whether you are using it on indoor mold or outdoor mold, Wet and Forget requires no scrubbing which is why a lot of people love this product. In addition, you can wait for the next rainfall to rinse it off of hard to reach places like the roof when using it outdoors.
Let’s Take A Closer Look At The Wet And Forget Outdoor Formula
Wet & Forget Outdoor is non-acidic and contains no bleach. Therefore it can be used on ANY outdoor surface material. Wet and Forget comes in a ready-to-use formula, a hose end formula, and a concentrate. Wet and Forget Hose End is recommended for large surfaces and high elevations as it can reach up to 30 feet high and wide.
Wet and Forget doesn’t just remove an existing mold stain, it completely prevents any mold, moss, algae or mildew from forming in the future. Having said that, it takes a bit of time to work. You will not see results immediately and it could take a couple of months to see results. But that’s because Wet and Forget is going for the long game and guarantees to prevent mold for up to a year.
You may have to apply Wet and Forget two or even three times depending on how extensive the mold, mildew, moss, or algae situation is.
Where Can You Use Wet And Forget Outdoors?
- Exterior Home Surfaces: Decks (All types), Driveways, Eaves, Gutters, Patios (All types), Roofs (All types), Shingles (All types), Siding (All types)
- Lawn & Garden: Awnings, Fences (All types), Gazebos, Greenhouses, Pool Surrounds, Retaining Walls, Storage Units
- Camping: Cabins, RVs
- Other: AstroTurf, Basketball Courts, Log Homes, Monuments, Tennis Courts
- Materials: Aluminum, Asphalt, Brick, Cement, Ceramic, Clay, Composite, Concrete, Dryvit/EIFS, Fabric, Fiberglass, Flagstone, Limestone, Marble, Metal, Natural, Painted, & Stained Wood, Painted Surfaces, Plastic, PVC, Rubber, Sandstone, Slate, Steel, Stone, Stucco, Teak, Textured Surfaces, Tiles, Tin, Vinyl
- Commercial: Airports, Amusement Parks, Cemeteries, Freeways, Hospitals, Hotels & Motels, Parks, Public Buildings, Schools, Stadiums, Zoos…
- Virtually any other surface you can think of!
Active Ingredients for the Wet and Forget Outdoor Formula
- Benzyl Ammonium Chloride
Toxic or Non-Toxic
Toxic. Using the Wet and Forget outdoor formula indoors is ill-advised unless you have a respirator with a fresh air tank. This Wet and Forget product can be dangerous when inhaled directly, even when diluted. The active ingredient in this product is Benzalkonium Chloride and it is no joke. But it’s why this product works so well.
Another safety concern is using it on a windy or breezy day. Wet and Forget Moss, Mold, Mildew and Algae Stain Remover is highly corrosive, so applying it in windy weather can result in some big issues if it falls on your skin or in your eyes.
On the Wet and Forget website they suggest that you keep pets indoors until the product has dried and wash your dog’s paws off if they have walked on previously treated areas.
Let’s Take A Closer Look At The Wet And Forget Indoor Formula
The Wet and Forget Indoor formula is designed with ease in mind. Simply spray, wait ten minutes, then wipe the area clean.
Keep in mind, if you have a lot of dirt or debris in the area you are spraying Wet and Forget won’t miraculously make those disappear. You should always start with a debris free space.
Where To Use Wet & Forget Indoor
Use On Washable Hard, Nonporous Surfaces Of: Appliances, Exteriors, Chairs, Tables, Sinks, Cabinets, Highchairs, Showers, Bathtubs, Bathroom Fixtures, Walls, Countertops, Garbage Cans, And Floors. Use On Washable Hard, Nonporous Surfaces Of Windows, Doors And Door Handles.
For Soft Surfaces: Fabric, Upholstery, Gym Bags, Hampers, Pet Bedding, Stuffed Animals, And Toys.
Active Ingredients For The Wet and Forget Indoor Formula
- Octyl decyl dimethyl ammonium chloride .025%
- Dioctyl dimethyl ammonium chloride .010%
- Didecyl dimethyl ammonium chloride .015%
- Alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride .034%
- Other Ingredients 99.916%
Toxic or Non-Toxic
Toxic. Any of those ammonium chlorides can kill you if ingested in the right amount. The Wet and Forget website specifically says not to breathe in the fumes from the spray. That’s a red flag for me.
Final Verdict on Wet and Forget?
I haven’t personally used it but when you look at reviews online it is easy to see that the Wet and Forget Outdoor formula does work with time. Since it is so easy to apply, requires no scrubbing and no rinsing unless you want to, Wet and Forget is a good choice to tackle outdoor mold. As an indoor mold remover I would choose a different product. Not only is this too toxic for my personal comfort level I can’t find any real success stories that would make me choose this product over my other favorites.