Mold Monster Review

This post may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure.

I love this company! They have a really fun spin on all their products and their customer service agents all have a great sense of humor. (Yes, I speak with the companies of all the products I am reviewing. Bad customer service gets you a stink eye from me). If you read their story it actually starts with cookies and bacon. I mean there is no way a company like this could put out a bad product right? Let’s take a look!

Mold Monster products are non-toxic, antimicrobial and environmentally friendly.  They are safe to use on any material with no bleach or harmful chemicals. They are designed to render mold inactive.

A bottle of mold monster on a white background

The Mold Monster line includes:

Outdoor Mold Monster

Outdoor Mold Monster is a uniquely formulated product meant to tackle mold on outdoor items. It is a spray and walk away product that doesn’t require scrubbing (according to the website).

In addition to fences, concrete, siding, patio furniture, and other typical outdoor “stuff”, Outdoor Mold Monster can be used on:

  • Sports Equipment
  • Helmets
  • Gloves
  • Backpacks
  • Shoes/Sneakers/Boots
  • Tents
  • Military Professional Use
  • Shower Curtains
  • Bath Mats

Industrial Strength Mold and Odor Control

The Industrial Strength Mold Monster can be used on both minor and major clean ups. It is effective on any surface – carpets, drapery, floor mats, mattresses, pillows, furniture and upholstery. It is perfect for assisted living and convalescent homes, hotels, apartment complexes, offices, public buildings, and disaster cleanups. The composition of Mold Monster breaks down all smells and mold bacteria leaving a fresh natural smell.

Mold Monster Mold Eliminator For Water Damage

This product amps up its mold removing powers for water damaged areas. It is safe to use on any surface including fabric, plastic, foam, vinyl, wood, tile, granite, and more.

Mold Monster spray bottles

Active Ingredients

  • Tea Tree Oil
  • Surfactants (this is a proprietary blend of all natural surfactants)

Pros of Mold Monster

  • All natural
  • Biodegradable
  • All of their mold removers can be used on pretty much any surface
  • Mold Monster break down mold at the molecular level and prevents mold from growing for up to two weeks after use. What’s nice about this is it gives you a little wiggle room to get to the business of fixing the issue and removing the moldy material.
  • Smells really good
  • Easy to apply
  • Ready to use – no need to dilute

Cons of Mold Monster

  • It does not touch mycotoxins. You still have to deal with those.
  • A bit pricey compared to others.

Toxic or Non-Toxic

Totally non-toxic! I mean, I wouldn’t chug a gallon of the stuff but if it spills on your or your kids everyone will live to tell the tale with no issues.

Final Verdict

I gave Mold Monster a shot and used the Outdoor version on some shower mold at a friend’s house. It was no surprise that after spraying it on nothing happened. The mold was still there. That’s because there is no such thing as a non-toxic, no scrub mold remover. You have to use some elbow grease. I used my tried and true method to clean mold in the shower grout and Mold Monster did work at that point.

I decided to spray it on this super smelly travel bag that had been sitting outside for a while. I gave it a good spraying and left it for a day. I will admit, it smelled better. But there was still some powdery mildew on the bag.

I do believe that the Mold Monster line of products can work to help render mold inactive however, you still need to use some elbow grease to actually remove mold. It’s certainly a plus that is inhibits mold growth for a short time but it isn’t a long term solution. You have to practice good mold prevention and leak prevention practices for that.

You can purchase Mold Monster products here.

Curious about the other mold removal products I have reviewed? Come check them all out here so you can choose the right product for your mold situation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


  1. alexandra says:


    your review was really in depth and interesting to read i purchased the mold monster washer treatment and im addicted to it thank you for turning us on to them. i use it in my clothing washer and dishwasher i am going to try some of their other products. you are right they are a little pricey but my family is worth it.

    thank you

    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it and am so glad that my post was helpful! 🙂