In my quest to discover mold removal products that work, I stumbled on Endurance BioBarrier. Intrigued, I spent quite a bit of time on their website, on the phone with customer service, and snooping around the internet for additional insight. Honestly, Endurance BioBarrier seemed a little too good to be true. Turns out this product line not only was off the charts incredible but it got even better!
In late 2021, Endurance Biobarrier relaunched with a new name, a new look, and an even better formulation and product line.
I am thrilled to introduce…. Superstratum!
How The Superstratum Mold Removal And Prevention Product Line Works
Superstratum is different from any other product currently available. The Stain Remover utilizes hypochlorous acid to lift away mold and mildew while the Superstratum Protectant offers a new surface coating technology known as ‘Smart Polymers.’
Hypochlorous acid or HClO is a strong but gentle disinfectant created with water, salt and electricity. Combining H²O (water) with Cl² (chlorine) and a charge of electricity creates hypochlorous acid.
HClO is an oxidative agent. This means HClO can penetrate the cell membrane of microbes. Simply put, hypochlorous acid can clean microbes, like mold and bacteria, in a way that other chemicals are not capable of doing.
A Smart Polymer is a high-performance, stimuli-responsive acrylic polymer that adapts to any environment. Unlike standard cleaners, water or moisture activate the smart polymers in Superstratum. When smart polymers detect moisture, the acrylic layer opens and unleashes potent antimicrobials to inhibit microbes. Due to the responsive nature of smart polymers, the antimicrobials in Superstratum are protected from abrasion and water and only utilized when microbes are present.
Simply put, the three components to Superstratum Smart Polymer Technology are:
- Moisture-Activated – In response to environmental stimuli like water and humidity, a moisture-activated layer acrylic polymer softens and opens to release its potent EPA-registered antimicrobials.
- Water-Resistant – The water-resistant layer allows the active ingredients to withstand high water, moisture, and humidity levels.
- Lasting Adhesive – A layer of adhesive sealants attaches to any surface and provides sustained protection against abrasion and wear. This layer makes it possible for Superstratum to stay for a year on low-traffic surfaces and last for up to five years in undisturbed, non-exposed areas.
Superstratum combines Smart Polymers and EPA-registered antimicrobials to create a suite of products with long-term protection from mold, mildew and microbes.
My Personal Experience With Superstratum Mold And Mildew Stain Remover And Superstratum Mold And Mildew Protectant
One would think that a mold inspector would manage to avoid mold problems in their own home. Well let me tell you, we mold inspectors are also subject to the same old faulty plumbing issues as the rest of the population and unfortunately, mold does happen even to us.
January 2022 started off with a very wet discovery on the other side of a wall I share with my neighbor. Seeing I am in a duplex, I can only really do so much when it comes to leak prevention in my neighbor’s home. Our shared wall happens to be our laundry rooms and her plumbing decided to fail. You can see how a leak even for a very short time can create a moldy mess.
As frustrating as this was, I took it as an opportunity to put Superstratum’s products to the test. I immediately sprayed the impacted area plus the four feet above, below, and around it with Superstratum Mold and Mildew Stain Remover. I left it alone for about 15 minutes then allowed my trusted team to come in and remove the moldy drywall.
After the drywall was removed (obviously proper containment and remediation protocols were in place) I sprayed the Stain Remover onto the remaining wood studs. I left it for about 15 minutes. Using a course cloth, I wiped each stud then allowed it to dry for 48 hours. That’s it. The studs look amazing.
Now it was time to apply the Superstratum Mold and Mildew Protectant. It took all of 5 minutes to spray the wood studs and walk away. I have peace of mind knowing if there is another leak in that area that I should not have to worry about any mold growing.
Let’s take a deeper look at the Superstratum product lineup!
Superstratum Mold and Mildew Stain Remover
- Electrolyzed oxygenated water
- Hypochlorous acid
Pros of Superstratum Mold and Mildew Stain Remover
- Harnesses HClO’s specific pH to its advantage so that it can penetrate the depths of any surface.
- Targets the deep-set mold that lives in areas other products cannot access.
- Reaches deep into cracks and seams to eliminate both mold roots and spores.
- Cleans the nooks and crannies of surfaces and stops microbes from continually reproducing.
- Completely removes microbial stains with no residual spores to cause regrowth.
- Dries clear and won’t bleach or discolor.
- Non-corrosive and will never degrade or damage property.
- Breaks down biofilm.
- Is the first hypochlorous acid cleaning product with a guaranteed shelf life of 12 months.
Cons of Superstratum Mold and Mildew Stain Remover
- This is not a magic cure-all for a widespread mold problem. In order to properly address mold growth on building materials like drywall, wood, carpet, etc…, you still need to remove and replace the moldy building material.
- It doesn’t necessarily tackle mycotoxins although it has not been tested for that.
Toxic or Non-Toxic?
As non-toxic as you can get! It’s literally salt and water. Superstratum Mold and Mildew Stain Remover is safe for skin contact and doesn’t require a ventilated environment. People, pets, and plants can all breathe easy knowing this is completely chemical free.
Superstratum Mold and Mildew Protectant
When applied, a high-tech polymer layer microscopically binds a proprietary blend of biocides and fungicides to the surface, preventing those active ingredients from being easily rinsed away.
The polymer barrier is designed to adjust to wet versus dry conditions, opening up in wetter conditions to allow just the right amount of active ingredients to be exposed to and fight mold, mildew and germs.
By protecting and rationing the active ingredient layer, the top polymer layer extends the mold prevention effectiveness of Superstratum Mold and Mildew Protectant well beyond all competitors. We’re talking anywhere from 10 weeks to 5 years of protection!
- High-traffic areas: shower, bath, and floors – up to 10 weeks of protection against mold and mildew.
- Low-traffic areas: walls, siding, and decks – up to 1 year of protection against mold and mildew.
- Undisturbed areas: attic, crawl space, stud cavities – up to 5 years of protection against mold and mildew.
Look at all the places Superstratum offers protection!
Rugs and mats
32 ounces of Superstratum Mold and Mildew Protectant covers approximately 250 square feet when you apply as directed. Believe it or not, more is not better here! A light coating is all you need.
That’s actually top secret. Technically it is proprietary. Either way, the ingredients are EPA registered antimicrobials with some smart polymers but the formula can’t be announced lest competitors swoop in.
Pros of Superstratum Mold and Mildew Protectant
- Can withstand and respond to any environment.
- Guaranteed surface protection of 10 weeks to 5 years.
- Works both indoors and outdoors on any material.
- Can be used inside of a vehicle which is important as people seem to overlook car mold.
- Offers long lasting protection inside your ductwork and HVAC unit.
- Non-corrosive and abrasion resistant.
- Just spray and walk away.
Cons of Superstratum Mold and Mildew Protectant
You do need to be diligent in reapplying on a schedule in high traffic areas which might be difficult for some people.
Toxic or Non-Toxic?
Non-toxic, no VOCs, and contains EPA registered active ingredients. Super safe for people, pets, and the planet.
Final Verdict on the Superstratum Product Line
Without a doubt this is one of the best product lines on the market. While the Mold Remover is designed to work in concert with the Mold Protectant, I do like that you don’t HAVE to use them together. The Protectant can be used after any mold remover of your choice.
Having had amazing results in the past with Endurance BioBarrier, I have no doubt that the reformulated Superstratum line is anything other than great. It also happens to be very cost-effective which when you are dealing with mold is something to appreciate.